Optimum Health around your menopause
Optimum Health around your menopause
Your Health Day is confirmed for Sunday 12th November.
It will consist of an interesting and educational day which will also have healthy snacks, lunch, conversation and calming exercise. The event is going to be themed on: ‘Optimum Health around your menopause.’ Here is the general format for the day, as you can see there are some fun activities as well.
Sunday 12th November 2017
Newcourt Community Centre, Blakeslee Dr, Exeter EX2 7AY
All snacks and the lunch will cater for vegetarians and vegans. I will be using nuts, if you have any allergies please let me know on our call.
– Energy protein power balls
– Coconut Chia Pots
– Quinoa Chilli
– Quinoa is renowned for its protein content, however, it is the type of protein that is important here. It has the perfect balance of all nine amino acids essential for human nutrition. Also has a good dose of fibre and iron.
– Chilli is great in the winter to kick-start your digestive system as it often becomes sluggish at this point.
– Cocoa is incredible. It is one of the most nutrient-dense foods in the world. Cacao has the highest Orac (Oxygen Radical Absorption Capacity) rating of all foods, meaning it is the most potent antioxidant to keep your entire system healthy. It also has one of the richest contents of magnesium.
– Chia: originally grown in Mexico, ‘chia; means strength in the Mayan language. Used by warriors to sustain them over 24 hours. The reason chia seeds are so beneficial is because they are rich in omega 3 fats, fibre, protein, vitamins and minerals. Mighty little seeds! Also very high in antioxidants so good for inflammation in the body.
If there any preferences that you might have you can let me know on the first call.
Timings & Agenda
9:45am Arrival chat and cuppa – something cosmic & chillaxing camomile and other selection of teas
10am Pilates – so don’t drink too much tea 😉
11am Break and snack of healthy goodies with absolutely no biscuits!
11:45am Nutritional health – food that sustains your energy not wipe you out & food and lifestyles choices to help through the menopause and beyond
12:15pm Break and snacks
12:30pm Relaxation and Meditation one – seated breathing meditation
12:45pm Meditation two – deep meditation lying down guided meditation
Content for the day
I wanted to give you a flavour of the sorts of things we will be discussing. Please click the piccie of me above. When you hit the menopause or the peri-menopause is it inevitable that you will increase your tummy size? Perhaps you assumed that because your hormones shift and therefore you have no choice but to gain a menopause tummy.
Interestingly enough that is not that case.
Yes, your hormones do get disrupted in the lead-up to the menopause which can be as early as your 40s but you can make changes to stop the symptoms becoming too bad.
Before the day in November, I would like to invite you on a call with me so we can establish what you want to achieve. What you are struggling with and what you would love the day to help you with.
I want to able to support you with this day and see how you can get the most of our time together in terms of your health. After the workshop I will ring you again, to see what you enjoyed and any comments you may like to add. I am really keen to help you plan out how you can take your health to the next step, so these calls are a perfect way to plan that.
Investment for your healthy workshop
I have a lot of interest in this event, which means I shall probably do more in the future. However not at this introductory price of £47. The event will be small and intimate with the opportunity to explore personal issues. Therefore I am ensuring that numbers are small and restricted. I won’t be able to save spaces without payment. The places will be allocated on a first come first served basis and I will release places very soon.
Speak soon much love
PS. find me on YouTube and you will automatically receive the most recent Pilates and Gorgeous Cardio workouts plus my VLOGS on nutrition and food – click here to find my channel and press the SUBSCRIBE button on YouTube.